Thursday, July 30, 2009

Do it yourself halter





The last couple of days flew by like a jet plane.

No time for blogging.

And I was also very occupied by playing "Farmville" on Facebook.
A rather simple and stupid game, but surprisingly fun...

In case you know it, I would love to have more neighbors on my Farm...!!! ;-)


The other thing that I have been doing is making a rope halter.
I wanted to do that for a long time, but I never found a rope that would be the right material to do so.
Until last week.
So I bought the rope, went on the WWW for a tutorial and started tying knots...

I had to start over a couple of times, but then I finally figured it out.
And I am very happy with the result!




As you can see, I tied metal rings into the knots over the noseband, so I can attach the reins directly to the halter.
That way I can ride without a bit.
Tying the rings into the knots was a bit of a challenge though.




Reins attached to the rope halter rings... (I recycled the rings from an old, broken bridle)



I'll make a couple more halters in different sizes, this one is for Indigo.
It's fun!!
:))




Moa is visiting again today.
She has been sleeping here and we'll take her home later on.
She really doesn't wanna go home though, and I understand, I was like that too when I was a kid and was visiting friends or family in the holidays.

Her she is riding Midas again...
(Notice how clean Midas is - he had a bath yesterday! :))





:))

5 comments:

  1. I'd still be working on the first knot ... beautiful horse. TTFN ~Maydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. She rides like I used to as a kid! Any which way!

    My husband ties all of our halters too and makes our ropes out of yacht rope.

    Nice job on the halter!
    I cannot tie a knot to save my life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...very cool halter--way to go! I like the purple color too. Isn't it be great to drape yourself over a horse! She looks totally relaxed and happy with Midas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am impressed, that looks very tricky. isn't it great though that we can just type in a few quick keys and learn about anything!? amazing.

    moa and midas look very happy ☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the halter and love Moa on the horse. A little bit of heaven!

    ReplyDelete

Hello friends and visitors of hillybillyfarmgirl! Please feel free to leave a comment, I'd appreciate it.