Thursday, July 2, 2009

About layout and other questions



First of all, thank you all for your kind and funny comments!

I'm always looking forward to start up my lappy to see if one of you came by to see what's going on in our lives.




I would like to take the time to answer a few questions that came up recently in the comment section....



BLOGGER LAYOUT:

Changing the layout of the blogger template isn't too hard.
You don't have to be a webdesigner to do it and if you take some time and simply follow one of the good turorials available on the web, you'll be there in no-time.

I decided to widen the layout because I wanted to be able to post bigger photos.
The original blogger layouts allow only photos with max 400 pixels width.
And I always used the photo upload feature in blogger, which is not always working the way I wanted it.

So here is what you can do to change your layout easily, just follow the instructions on either one of the following links :
(Just don't forget to save your current layout to your computer first just in case something goes wrong...)

or



When your layout is wider, you are ready to post bigger photos.
UNFORTUNATELY it's not possible to do that with the photo upload feature in blogger as I said, (if there is, let me know - anyone?!),
it only allows 400px max width.

Here is what I do:
I signed up for a Picasa(google) web album account (you can also use Flickr or other services).
Then I choose the pictures I want to post, resize them to (in my case) 590 pixels width (depending on how wide your #main wrapper width is) and upload the photos to my picasa web album in their (now) actual size.
View the album and choose a picture. Click on it to view it in orig. size and right click, copy the image address and go to your blog post, click on adding a photo as usual, but now you don't choose "add image from your computer", this time you choose "add image from web", paste the image address you copied earlier into the empty field on the right.
You can also add some more photos at the same time, as before.
Hit the upload button and -
voila!

There are probably other ways to do it too, but it works for me, for now. ;-)


Any questions or need for help? Feel free to contact me again and I will see what I can do to assist...
:))



That's how I get the photos little bigger on my blog.

@Lori Ann:
A nice macro lense is on top of my wish list for birthdays and christmas (as well as a wide angle), but for now I play with my little Konica camera (she's perfect for macro shots, landscape and every day shots)
I just love that little thing!











And of course I also love to play with my Canon 400D with either kit lense or my darling, the Canon 70-200 (sometimes i wish 300 or 400mm) lens.
It's not easy to get "macro-kinda" shots with that lens, but sometimes I get very decent results too.
This lens is a dream!


@ lytha:
About Volvo's in Sweden...
YES, there are a lot of Volvo's running here in Sweden, I think at least every third car we see is a Volvo...
About IKEA, I have no clue how the Sweds pronounce it.. :) I think it sounds pretty much the same as in german...

:))


Have a happy summer day everyone!







*







2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tips! I messed with HTML code to do three columns and it wasn't as hard as I thought (I was terrified, LOL! :) I use Flickr on my picture blog to load the pictures, I love it because they retain their original quality so much better!!
    I hope you get your camera! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. COOL!!! I was about to ask you some time ago, how you do it, but did not get around. I'll follow your instructions as soon as I have some spare time - looks like I have to a rainy afternoon to the project, with my slow internet connection. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello friends and visitors of hillybillyfarmgirl! Please feel free to leave a comment, I'd appreciate it.