Friday, July 10, 2009

Hay Silage and refurbished Table




It's very common in Sweden to feed Hay-Silage to horses...
Hay-Silage is grass that has been dried around 2 days, (Silage for cows is usually moister).
then wrapped into foil.
Sweden has high air-humidity during winter and the hay gets often damp and mouldy, Hay-Silage stays the same quality and the horses like to eat it usually.
Another benefit of those bales is that you can store them outside...

We bought 10 bales 200 kilos each.






10 bales of hay and 10 haysilage, that should be plenty of food for the boys until next spring.
:))
End of August we'll get a couple of bales wheat straw, that's already on order.




This afternoon I was working on the pull-out dining table we bought the other day.
My entire upper body is hurting, I was grinding the table by hand!!!
It was quite a job, but it's worth it, it looks fantastic again.
We bought the table for only € 50,- and now it looks brand new!
But see for yourself...












My arms are hurting too much - I can hardly keep my hands on the keybord.
Time for a pain killer and a good night sleep!
:))

Have a good one everybody!

♥♥♥♥♥♥

11 comments:

  1. What a Terrific table. I've never seen one with the leaves that came out from the top. I guess they recess back under the table? or do they drop? You did a wonderful job on it! It looks brand new!! ...debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Table looks vbeautiful. Lots of hard, dusty work, that sanding stuff.
    Been working on new wooden windows here, so I sympathize, but the results are the BIG reward. Sleep well Sweden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome job, I'm impressed.
    that was a lot of hand sanding

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a wonderful job on that table! It really is rewarding to bring something like that back to beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, it looks wonderful! You did a fine job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful table. Pop over for a visit. TTFN ~Marydon
    PS Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was alot of work! But the results look quite worth it. It sounds like your new house is coming along nicely.

    I liked the photos of Moa and your beautiful horse! Wow, so pretty.

    I hope you aren't too sore from the table work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Table!!! Tons of work but all the Love you rubbed into it… it will last a lifetime!!
    It’s been so wet here in Western NY USA my brother hasn’t been able to get his hay in yet… Glad you have enough for the families winter feasts. Love and Light, Nina P.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Jag visste att det skulle bli superfint!!!

    Ses sen!

    Kramen

    /Carola

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! What a beautiful job you've done on the table. :c)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I can't believe you sanded all that by hand. It is gorgeous now....lovely and recycled. You saved a tree and beautiful workmanship. I love refinishing furniture!

    I've never seen hay silage. Pretty cool...

    ReplyDelete

Hello friends and visitors of hillybillyfarmgirl! Please feel free to leave a comment, I'd appreciate it.