Sunday, July 5, 2009

A week in pictures


This was one hell of a week!

Well, that is really ment kinda double...

Barry, our loyal friend is gone and he left a big void in our lives.

We loved him so dearly and he was just always there!

But we talk about him a lot, we still laugh and cry, but more often we smile when we think about him.

Here is one very special photograph that was taken by our friend MJ in 2005.
That's how he will always be rememberd!
♥ ♥ ♥








And those Roses are FOR HIM! ♥





We've had sad minutes this past week, but also nice and inspiring moments.
Our animals and the chores on the farm keep us busy and that is good.
Even though the heat has not been helping, we did get a couple of things done that week and that feels good.
Every evening we go and take Cleo for a nice, long walk. Well, I have to be honest, I don't always go, Ingrid does. I am not much of a walker, but I start to enjoy it more and more.
Sometimes I take my camera with me, and sometimes I leave it at home, deliberately.
Then I try to "print" the images in my own hard disk. ;-)

Here are some more photos I took this past week:
Nature is showing it's power and magic by "delivering" the first colorful and sweet (or sour) fruits...

Cherries and Red Currant







We bought some hay for the horses this past week...





And this (beautiful) plant should NEVER be in one of these hay bales... because it is VERY TOXIC to animals (as well to humans), even when it's been dried.
In German it's called "Jakobskreuzkraut", in english "common ragwort" I believe.







This is our friends Cattledog, isn't she gorgeaus?!!







And this picture doesn't need any explanation/words, does it. :))






Those two horses are best friends.
The bay mare is called "Fröken" and is a Nordsvensk (swedish coldblood), and
the brown horse is a gelding called "Sandino", he is also Nordsvensk, I believe...
aren't they a nice couple?!





Tomorrow starts a new week.

Somehow it's good to have "ups" and "downs".
It makes you realize that you are ALIVE, right?!


Have a good start into a new week everyone!

:))


10 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo's...love you post today...simply spiritual in every way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been a very long, tough week for you. I'm so glad that you can look back on it with both a good tear and a good smile. Special memories...all.
    Your friends' cattledog looks nice. Are they rare in Sweden, or are they easy to find? Just curious, cause I remember that Ingrid took a special liking to them when you were in Oregon "twelve" years ago.
    Have a nice next week yourselves.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed your week of pictures. The fruit were just beautiful and of course the horse photos were great. Always like to see horse photos!!! As for the ups and downs, yeah, I agree with you. The downs make you appreciate what you DO have and the downs remind us of Life's Realities...debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your beautiful photographs. The dogs are so cute, the cherries look delicious, and the horses are stunning! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'll be back to visit you!
    Greetings from Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I wanted to tell you that I too am a Sagittarius born in the year of the Dog (1946). Thought that was interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow..nice pictures again :-)

    @mj: Yap, Cattledogs are rare in this Country, we have just a few breeders and this is from the best one in my opinion.

    She has a very mild and nice temper, even social to strangers!

    Sandino is from a Norweigan Döle - bloodline, also accepted as a Coldblood trotter, Frökes is also having a lot of Norweigan blood but is a pure Coldblood Trotter.

    :-)

    /Carola

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear about your loss of Barry. Pets just hold such a special place in our hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear you lost Barry. It is two years since I lost my lovely Maxie. I still miss him. You took some lovely pictures. The roses looked gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lot did happen in a week....your photos are beautiful... I would love a basket of those cherries! Sounds like you are making progress with your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a nice series of photos. I especially like the one of the cherries. Mmmm!

    ReplyDelete

Hello friends and visitors of hillybillyfarmgirl! Please feel free to leave a comment, I'd appreciate it.