Monday, April 6, 2009

Ordinary Monday




This is an ordinary Monday.
I love those ordinary Mondays.
All's back to "normal" again.
Weekend's over.
It is funny how every single day of the week feels kinda different, doesn't it.

There are certain things that are supposed to be done on certain days of the week.
Not to speak of certain shows that are on Tv on certain week nights. ;-)
(Love The Closer, CSI, The Mentalist, House)
Gotta keep up to the schedule!

:))

Since I don't have a "real" Job at the moment, since we are still looking for a more permanent home on the east coast of south Sweden, my days are different anyways.

I won't allow old thought patterns (those come up periodically and try to mess with me in my head) to ruin these wonderful days, this wonderful opportunity of learning how to BE.

(Thought patterns like: "you have to feel guilty because you are not making money right now!"; "you don't have the right to take some time off FOR YOURSELF!"; "you know what your parents and family would say if they knew...!"; "don't you care anymore what other people think of you??"; "what's wrong with you?!".....)

Just writing down these thoughts it starts to feel a bit tight around my throat. But this has to end NOW. This is how it is, I have the right to live my life like I want to. I am my own parent, my own teacher, my own accountant. ( I do have a financial manager though! :))
I am my own lawyer and judge.
This is my own stage, I am writer, actor, I decide who is in the play and most of the time I am my own director.

:))

I realize that this time, this particular periode of my life, is a GIFT.
A friend of ours is scheduled to have knee surgery in July.
She is terrified about the thought that she won't be able to DO ANYTHING during recovery. Well... I understand that it is a terrifying thought, but It always depends on how you look at it.

These times in life, where we are forced to "take some time off"
(many different circumstances can be the cause of that)
are always a GIFT.
It's on us to take it or leave it.

Why is it that we think that we HAVE TO DO SOMETHING all the time?
Why is it that we are running so hard?
Why is it that we are hiding all the time?
What is it that we are so afraid of finding in times of inactivity?
Our real, true nature?
Our deepest inner self?
Peace?
Stillness?
Simplicity?
Love?

It is so much easier to keep ourselves busy, isn't it.

Until our body or something else in our lives says "STOP!"

We HAVE TO LEARN to LISTEN to this voice, the good guy so to say.
And we HAVE TO LEARN to IGNORE the OTHER voice, the guilt voice, being the bad guy! ;-)

I really like some of Dr. Wayne Dyers work. Quote:

When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

I am convinced that thoughts can make us tense, they can make us sick and they can make us unhappy.

BUT here is the magic:

We can recognize this in ourselves and we've got to start to own our thoughts.

We gotta start to turn our thinking around and then our thoughts will let us become healthy, strong and happy.

THEN we will be who we are and who we want to be.



















3 comments:

  1. I think it is perfectly ordingary and fine to take time to yourself.. and enjoy it.. as long as the responsibilities are met then enjoy to the fullest.. find the good side of all things.. beautiful shot.. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a beautiful post. I agree with you completely. I am sure you are doing all the things you need to be doing, making your life as you'd like it, i guess its all about finding the balance. And cherishing the moment.
    Beautiful photo!
    xo lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that photo. You have an interesting blog here.

    ReplyDelete

Hello friends and visitors of hillybillyfarmgirl! Please feel free to leave a comment, I'd appreciate it.