Tuesday, September 28, 2010

13 years

I am a bit under the weather - meaning - I managed  to catch a cold.
I guess that is not too hard when you meet hundreds of people in one day, so being exposed to all kinds of bacteria does come with the job.
And the time of the year doesn't help either.
It's been cooler and windy most of the time. We've had quite a bit rain, but the sun is no stranger either. :)


It is beautiful to watch how nature slowly changes his coat, once again preparing for a long winter sleep.
Our coat racks are filled with body warmers for the "warmer" days, rain coats for the rainy days and winter coats for the cold and windy days.
It's that time of the year where we always run out of space in the foyer.
Rubber boots, sport/walking shoes, nice shoes, working shoes, slippers... caps and scarfs, gloves and not to forget - Cleo's personal winter essentials...
It's good that Aaron doesn't need to have a jacket, at least not yet.


This week I have all afternoon shifts, so I get to sleep long in the mornings. Boy do I love that. 
I don't mind driving late into the evenings, I find that people going home are more pleasant then people 
who leave home to go to jobs or what ever. 
Understandable. 

Today is actually a very special day. :)
I wouldn't have remembered it (I am really not good with anniversaries) but my Hasi did. 
13 Years ago today we kissed for the first time...
13! Time flies! 
And boy, we were allowed to experience incredible things together since that day (which make it very easy to forget all the crap in just an instant!) - we are so fortunate - in so many ways. 


Well, it's already 11am, time to get the day started, for real. 
And Queen Cleo waits for her walk...

Have a great day everyone!!!

:)





6 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary! A first kiss is such a wonderful occasion to remember each year. :) My Honey and I do the same. We have many wonderful firsts that we celebrate if only with a remembrance of great times.

    I hope your cold passes quickly.

    Hugs,
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you have caught a cold. Bummer. I think there are tons of cold catchers out there too!! congrats on 13 years!! ...debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely photos!!! And beautiful words...sorry that you are sick...hope you feel better soon! Hugs, Janine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary to you both. Grenville and I always remember our first meeting and first kiss which was 2 years before we married. Special days are never forgotten. The fall colors are so lovely. Hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Hello friends and visitors of hillybillyfarmgirl! Please feel free to leave a comment, I'd appreciate it.