Thursday, March 26, 2009

Who am I...

I was just thinking...

Who am I REALLY?

What if..?

Imagine this:

Tomorrow morning you wake up and everything, and I mean everything is gone.

Your hard earned money, your beautiful home, your job (that you might have enjoyed), your car, your computer...

Everything you have left is memories.

Memories of my parents, how I grew up, what I have learned throughout the years.
Memories of success and failure.

Memories of joy and laughter, memories of saddness.

But we all know nothing lasts forever.

You become aware of the fact that you don't have any clue how the future will be.

Awareness.

All you have left is... you.

But who are you?

Who are you without your money, without your house, your job that defined so much of who you thought you were...

...and all the other little things on which we measure weather we lead a successful life?

Who are you without your identity?


Imagine youself sitting still (because that is all you can do) and looking arround.

Listen.

What do you hear?

What do you see?

What do you feel?


It's like...

peeling an onion.

Layer for layer.

Until nothing is left but YOU.

Who are you?

"WHO AM I ?"

;-)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello friends and visitors of hillybillyfarmgirl! Please feel free to leave a comment, I'd appreciate it.