Sunday, April 10, 2016

Spring

A lot is happening, it is spring and that means that there's a lot to do.
I am thinking of writing a new post every day, I even think about what to write, and I started to take more photos again in order to be able to document what I've been doing....
Somehow the days are always too short and I never get to write another post.
I even got started writing but then I didn't get to finish.
But hey, lets see... maybe I'll get this one finished. LOL


I want to start with my cats Mika and Mausi (aka little mouse). Those past weeks have been a huge and very fun (and smooth I must add) transition, from having two somewhat frustrated indoor cats to now having two happy and balanced house buddies. They are able to decide when to go outside and inside whenever they please. They've adapted well to the surroundings and stay close to home.
They even brought home mice, in the middle of the night of course! One dead and one very much alive! Not so much fun when you have to get up 3am to set the poor thing free again before it gets killed...















Spring is here! Unfortunately it's still not very warm during the days (in the mid 50s) but we are happy about every sunbeam we can get.
And about the vegetation that starts to change, spring flowers in the garden and the woods, trees forming their first small green buds... that is (almost) the best time of the year!









I've also been busy in my leather shop. 
Made som Id-card holders for my coworkers. 
It is fun, and always nice to make an extra bucks here and there :)

 





I've been baking bread, here a gluten free version. 
In Sweden we call these "Kavring" 
The bread is sweetened and baked with baking soda, buttermilk or yogurt (or in this case with "Filmjölk", in Sweden we don't have buttermilk), gluten free flours and seeds and nuts. 
Not as good as "real" normal bread, but really the best gluten free recipe I've tried so far. 





This is the little "pond" that I have in my back yard, it will be a very fun project to fix it up.
So far I've cleaned away old foliage, and the grass, that has been growing all around. There is a little wooden patio right beside it, and I will turn that space into a really cozy spot where I can sit and chill on those nice Swedish summer evenings.
It is still too cold to plant aquatic plants though, I'll have to wait with that until the end of may.





I've been also busy with fixing those raised gardening beds I've wanted... bought 15 bags of garden soil. I had to load them into the car, unload them again and then I carried them up the stairs into my back yard... AND THAT gave me a really bad backache! I was on sick leave for an entire week and couldn't do anything. Fortunately I feel better now and I can at least do some household chores again.
But before all of that I got the raised gardening beds set up all right, and I filled them with some soil.
Can't wait to plant the seeds, and the small plants I've already been growing indoors.










Yesterday I tried out a new recipe, gluten free and no carb bread. ...





This is called "cloud bread", and, it's been surprisingly tasty. 
I've had it with fresh made lentil/vegetable soup and it was a delecious combo. 
One I can only recommend. A light and tasty dinner. 


And this morning I baked some more. Not cloud bread but "normal" easy and fast "baking powder bread". ...





It's time to eat some lunch, then I'll head out and meet a friend.
She is also a hobby photographer and we'll go for a hike with our cameras....
That will be fun and who knows, maybe I'll end up with a couple of nice photographs I can share with you in my next blog post.



Hope you'll all have a nice and sunny Sunday!

/Michaela

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous photos, Michaela! You have a lovely blog. Warm greetings from Montreal, Canada. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello friends and visitors of hillybillyfarmgirl! Please feel free to leave a comment, I'd appreciate it.